Friday, February 23, 2007
posted by Amie Lee at 11:20 am

****************
Last night, just as I was about to retire, I received a phone call from Ivan.


Ivan: Bee?
Me: Yes, that's me.
Ivan: I ran over a child.
Me: Hehehe... That's cool. (Thinking he was a proud murderer of a baby cockroach)
Ivan: I ran over a child.
Me: Erm alright.
Ivan: Really, I ran over a child.
Me: Uh huh...
Ivan: I am sending her to the hospital now.
Me: Oh my God!!! You were serious???
Ivan: Yes.
Me: How???
Ivan: She suddenly dashed out to the road so I could not see her...
Me: Gosh.
Ivan: I will call you later alright?
Me: Erm... Sure.


After hanging up, I ran downstairs to tell my mother what happened. She was so horrified that words cannot describe her reaction. In fact, she seemed even more worried and upset that I was. According to my sister, after I went back upstairs, she was so upset that she looked like she was on the verge on tears.

An hour later, Ivan called me back and told me that the child was alright. Her parents understood that it was her fault for dashing out to the road and not minding oncoming vehicles. Also, her CT Scan showed that everything was alright - just a little bruise on the nose.

Thank goodness.
 
2 Comments:


At February 23, 2007 6:29 pm, Anonymous Nal

Glad that the poor child is alright.... Last night when you SMS me I nearly got heart attack.

 

At February 23, 2007 10:16 pm, Anonymous Nick

When I started reading the dialogue, I thought it was a joke too. Hope Ivan is alright and not in shock. Glad everything was alright.