Tuesday, March 06, 2007
posted by Amie Lee at 11:00 am

****************
I think it is pretty unfair that we do not get paid overtime in financial institutions. At least, not the one I work for currently. I only arrived home at 8.45pm yesterday because I was out entertaining one of my clients at a coffee house. Although I was busy sipping some delicious ice blended fruit drink, it was still considered work.

My client brought along the company director from Singapore (who happened to be in Kuala Lumpur for the day) to introduce to me. The moment I was introduced to him by my client, I almost burst out in laughter. I had to contain all that air and saliva inside my mouth by shutting it so tightly that I could not even say, “Hi!” Instead, I just smiled.

Fino Fijateh.

Yes, that is the company director’s name. What a name! I never did call him by his name throughout our whole conversation because I was not sure whether he liked to be call Fino or Fijateh or Fino Fijateh or Mr Fino or Mr Fijateh or Mr Fino Fijateh.

I wonder why people give their children such names. When I got home, I told Ivan about it and he looked so stunned. Somehow, this got me to think what we should name our children. I definitely want them to have English names so I will select them. As for the Chinese names, I will leave it up to my parents or my in-laws.

We are planning to have two of them little creatures. If we get a boy, I would like to name him Ethan. If we get a girl, I would probably name her Amelia (if you do not already know, it is actually a combination of my name). If we get two boys or two girls, I would have to further consult the name dictionary.
 
2 Comments:


At March 12, 2007 8:07 pm, Anonymous Nick

I definitely vote for weird....

 

At March 13, 2007 9:36 pm, Anonymous Nal

Me too....WEIRD!!